Here we grow again! Kirkwood Direct is currently seeking a 2nd shift Digital Press Operator to run our RICOH ProVC 60000 roll to roll digital press. The job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Operate and troubleshoot a RICOH ProVC 60000 roll to roll digital press.
- Calibrate the equipment by producing likeness in color and quality as required while matching files/samples/originals.
- Transferring files electronically by sending files from the network to color equipment.
- Accurately interpret, document, and communicate diagnostic feedback from equipment and act upon information to resolve production, maintenance and repair issues.
- Read and understand job tickets. Complete necessary job paperwork.
- Maintain optimal machine performance by correcting simple machine problems and having a working knowledge of machine codes to report, in the event of equipment failure.
- Command of technical vocabulary and the ability to communicate effectively with electronic prepress, press operators, customer service, vendors, equipment technicians and customers is essential.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Must be self-motivated, reliable, quality and safety oriented.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others is required.
- Successful candidate must possess solid organizational and problem solving skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with little or no supervision.
- Computer software application experience in a prepress environment and experience in digital color control, color manipulation and experience operating a digital press is a plus. However, candidates with offset experience and strong computer skills may be considered.
- Ability to apply written instructions to job set-up.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Print process experience and/or pre-press experience preferred.
- Experience running color digital printing equipment.
- Experience or knowledge with digital bindery equipment.